Friday, February 1, 2013

My name is Dillon and I am the author of this blog.  I have created this blog for my PRT International tourism class.  The topic that this blog will be about is tourism and terrorism.  International tourists need to be aware of the dangers they face.  In this blog I will share experiences of those who have dealt first hand with this type of terrorist activity.  I will also explore the industry of terror and tourism and try to understand why this criminal behavior is happening.this blog will also be a way for me to share advice and tips on how to stay safe and not become a target.  So thank you for checking out my blog and I hope you enjoy reading.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Dillon, this is Ian from your PRT class. I am doing the effects of terrorism on tourism in the Middle East and Africa and I believe we could work together to find good sources for each other and stories. I suggest looking at the Department of Homeland Security website to identify terrorist groups in the area of the world you are working in as a start. http://www.dhs.gov/ I'll look forward to working together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dillon, this is Andres from your PRT class. My topic is on how War affects tourism. I think that terrorism has commonalities with war aka "War on Terrorism". I suggest you go to the United Nations Security Council website and look for press releases related to the topic of terrorism and where the terrorist threats are currently located. http://www.un.org/en/sc/documents/press/2013.shtml. If you ever want to be a guest blogger on my blog torreswarandtourism.weebly.com let me know.

    ReplyDelete